Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Adventure of Creating Huffs List

Yesterday, I set up and tested the Huffs List site map using the free tool on www.xml-sitemaps.com. The process took me a couple of trials because I had links showing up that did not properly show the page content. My goal is that I have no duplicate links, meta titles and descriptions being indexed by the search engines. I believe that I've finally achieved that goal. YEAH!

So now, each professional individual's listing and each category of services will be indexed, yet indexed only once. I also added the www.xml-sitemaps.com generated site map to the site along with sitemap.xml and ror.xml. And I registered the sitemap.xml with Google.

Furthermore, I repaired an issue with the site's meta data. Duh. I had set up meta titles, descriptions and keywords for all of the support pages (i.e., FAQ, terms and conditions, copyright) and did not have the coding right for the correct meta data to appear on the right page. Everything was defaulting to the main meta data. That's fixed now so each page will be indexed properly.

Now all I have to do is wait for the site to be re-indexed to see the results of my labors.

No comments:

Post a Comment